Thursday, September 16, 2010

Gamer ADD or Just Bored?!?

Quakecon 2010 with Adam Sessler from G4!


Hello, my name is Jerry.  I'm a gamer.  Between work, family, and working out, my gaming time is not what it used to be.  There was a time when I would get off work on Friday and play Everquest for 90% of the weekend, only stopping for food, restroom, and power naps.


My how things have changed over the years.  The post work gaming marathons have been replaced with working out, spending time with my wife and son, and maybe playing something for an hour or 2 before bedtime.  However recently I've run into an issue.  On my "video game" night, once I get home, have family time, eat dinner, and get my son in bed, I find myself staring at a shelf full of games with no idea which one to play.

I've got at least 15 games that I've played less than an hour of each that I still need to beat.  I didn't get an xbox 360 until last January so alot of the games many of you played and beat years ago, I've just begun to play.  Right now I have 3 games that I want to complete:

Red Dead Redemption (I'm close, 98%)
Gears of War (I'm maybe 2 hours in)
Orange Box (Portal Defeated, about 50% done with Half-life 2)

Anyways, last night was gonna be a game night.  I got off work, went with my son to get Haircuts, did some yard work, ate dinner, got the kiddo in the tub, got the kiddo in bed, then found myself once again staring at the video game shelf.  Stood there for about 5 minutes trying to make a decision then resigned to my recliner and put on the ranger game.

I surfed the net for awhile while watching the ranger game but still just sat there absolutely bored out of my mind.  I opened up steam thinking maybe a pc game will do the trick.  I recently purchased Company of Heroes for like 5 bucks a couple months ago but haven't really played it that much.  So I decided to give it a go.  I'm not a huge real time strategy fan but with this one being based on WWII it held my interest.  I still only played for maybe 30 minutes then turned it off.

I can't figure out if I am just bored with gaming in general or if I have contracted some kind of gamer ADD that is keeping me from focusing on one game.  Anyways, I don't have a point with this post.  I'm just venting my frustration.  I don't like being bored.  Tonight is Soprano's night!  We'll see how bored I get on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment