Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Getting closer!

This afternoon I stepped on the scale and saw 225!  It's been about 10 years since I've had my weight this low!  In February, when I first decided to do something about my weight I originally set a goal of 220 by the new year.  I'm 5 pounds from my original goal and it's not even October!  A few weeks ago I decided to lower the goal to 199 by January 1, 2011.  The last time I was under 200, I was a senior in high school.  Right now I have mainly been losing weight through cardio and diet....mainly diet.


Once I hit my goal of 199, I'm going to start incorporating more weight training.  Honestly anywhere between 195-210 I will be happy.  I'm still not a hardcore fitness freaks.  I still have weeks where I just don't workout, and weekends where I eat whatever I want.  For me keeping an eye on the scale lets me know when it's time to start putting more effort into my exercises, or to go easy on the weekend meals.

I've said this to many of my friends...I wanna be built like Rollins.....do I have the dedication and motivation to do it?  Probably not....but if I get to my goal and find the motivation to push to that size...god help you all...because the shirts comin' off and I'm buying me some of those little cotton shorts he wears on stage.



Until next time remember....it gets easier, I promise!

JD

No comments:

Post a Comment